Thursday, September 18, 2014

Speed piecin' ...

Well, I have surprised myself - I AM a piecing machine!! On Tuesday night at around 11.30pm, I finished the last 20 blocks for my Omigosh! quilt!!

I was just thrilled, and so on Wednesday, I did something I've never done before ... I took one of my sewing machines to quilt group!!

My sweet baby featherweight left the house for the first time in a little while :-) Silly me though, I forgot to pack my quarter inch foot as it was firmly attached to my white featherweight. Oops! Richard and Sue to the rescue though, they had some masking tape I could press into service as a seam guide and I managed to do a pretty decent job with my piecing.

These were the first seams I sewed. I was thrilled when my points were neat, and I've been stitching up a storm ever since.

When I got home of course, I swapped over to Big Bernie, and to be honest, I'm finding it much easier going. I paired all the blocks up, then I sewed them into groups of six blocks, and now I'm putting the entire rows together.

Here's where I'm at right now:

Isn't it coming along? I can't wait until the top is together, then I'll get busy with those border fabrics. Believe it or not, I haven't even looked at my yardage to make any decisions, I'll make myself wait.

Well, I better get back to the sewing machine, there's still lots to do! xox

11 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Your top is really progressing. It gorgeous!!! I'm tempted to start one myself. Hugs.

Diane said...

Wow, you really are making progress. I love following along, this one is going to be so wonderful. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow - looking great! I understand why you wanted to get done with this one fast but would never do it myself - I hate working under stress and deadlines. You will finish this one before you know it.

Nancy said...

The row segments only illustrate just how tiny some of those pieces are!

Sherry said...

WOW! I have been watching your progress and you have really picked up speed!

Keep up the good work. . . .I love the eye candy.

Caro said...

It will truly be a lovely quilt when finished!!

Teresa Rawson said...

OMG, I am so impressed with your progress on this quilt! It is on my bucket list, for sure. Yours is so incredible...you might be giving me the courage I need to open the pattern, LOL! Well done! I am so enjoying watching your progress!

Jeanne said...

Oh, my gosh! VBG Congratulations, TAzzie! It is gorgeous. It's been on my bucket list. Maybe this will inspire me to get started.

Shay said...

God Grief ! Could those quilt bits be any more stunning. Keep on piecing Tazz, I cant wait to see the whole thing.

Chantal said...

Oh this is amazing. Great work!

Renate Bischoff said...

It is so beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails