Friday, November 04, 2011

It is so very exciting!

Now that I've had a little time to settle after such excitement, I can begin returning messages and emails - and share news and pictures a little more adequately. Thank you to everyone who has left comments here, and messages on my facebook page, it has been just overwhelming and entirely wonderful.

Here is another picture for you - one that shows a little more of the quilt - but still not a good photo. I'm going to visit again on the weekend and hopefully will be able to take some better pictures.

While at the show, I visited one of my favourite interstate booths - the one where I purchased the NI book originally - Somerset Patchwork & Quilting, and they have a block of the month going - I signed up immediately. Scroll down on their front page - it's Mrs Billings' Coverlet. I'm in love! I have the first block, and I can't wait to begin. I don't mind admitting that even though I have things I need to work on, I've really felt a little lost since I finished working on my NI quilt. I had a feeling that may happen ...

Update: my laptop died in a heap last night, (beastly thing) so I don't have access to the emails I've already downloaded - hopefully all will be well soon so I can get busy responding to all your kind messages xox

6 comments:

Clare said...

Congratulations Wonder Woman! I bet you're on Cloud 9.

Hugs
xxxx

Sheila said...

hope the "glow"of success lasts for a looooong time, and remember it if you ever feel like Mrs Billings is getting to onerous.

Miriam said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations!!!

Have fun with Mrs Billings!

Pip said...

I think there is always a feeling of being a little lost after finishing a big project, after all it's been such a part of your life. I'm going to be taking a better look at your lovely quilt tomorrow.

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Congratulations ! I'm not surprised you won, quilt is a masterpiece, such a lot of work! Beautiful.

AnnieO said...

Very excited for you, Tazzie! What a thrill to see your amazing work get the kind of recognition it deserved.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails