Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hello my pretty ...

This morning after I dropped the kids off at school, I had to make the call. "Hello Otto, may I drop my precious baby off at your Bernina health spa?". "Of course Tara, bring her in as soon as you're ready" he replied.

I needed to finish up quilting Janine's quilt, and then it was go-time. I bundled Bernie up and delivered her to salvation. Please understand, she's not sick or anything. I just know that it's been 14 months since she's had her last grease and lube, and you all know how hard I work that poor girl, so she was due for some 'me time'. "Is next week okay?" Otto asked. "Do you think maybe this weekend?" I countered, knowing full well that I'd be in withdrawal before I got out the door. "Sure, I'll give you a call" he replied.

Well, you know I wouldn't make it through the day without doing some sewing, so this afternoon I broke out my precious pretty baby, my Featherweight. She's my 'working' one. My other one is on display in the lounge - you know, reclining and being generally gorgeous. I need to use this little honey more often, I know this because every time I thread her, I have to break out the manual!

I got a little stitching done, and then at around 5pm I got a call - it was our Bernina God, Otto. "I decided to do your machine straight away - it's ready now if it's not too late for you to come get it" he said. Well, I decided not to risk breaking land speed records, and I'll go get it in the morning. Ohhh my goodness, Otto is my new best friend. I wonder if he sensed my desperation and noticed my shoulders slump as I went out the door ... He's quite a man :-)

10 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, you have such a great Bernina shop! My sewing machine shop wanted me to leave my Janome for 2 weeks! But I asked them to phone me the day they were ready to work on it and I promised to bring it in right away. How can they expect people not to use their machine while they wait until they have time to fix it?!?!

*karendianne. said...

Neat Post, Tazzie! Great writing. I felt like I was with you thru it all.

True Voice Love, *karendianne.

julieQ said...

Guess all we "gals", even Bernie, have to have our spa time...We need loaners! Like a state-of-the art mcahine...just to try out!

Clare said...

I bet she's humming along nicely after a bit of "me" time. Are Featherweights only available in the US and Australia do you know? I'm searching here every time I go near a sewing machine shop but haven't seen one yet. I'll keep looking just in case.

Julia said...

Your post sounds exactly like I feel when it is time to take my precious Bernie in. I couldn't have said it better myself. My dealer is just about as fast as yours. He has even done it right while I wait and browse through the shop. Thanks goodness they understand our obsession. hehe

Rose said...

I'm spreading the love around today, bloggy love that is, so I've posted about your lovely blog. I'm bowled over by the amount of quilty work you pump out!

Have a great day!!

annemariesquilt said...

To be without my sewingmachine, that is a tuff one. Lucky you having it back so soon....
You have a great blogg and I visit often!!

Purple Pam said...

Your Featherweight machine is gorgeous. I am so liking my Featherweights. I take one to all my quilting classes. The only time I take my Viking is when I do thread play type sewing where I want to learn on my newer machine.

Anonymous said...

He did yours in a day? I was told 4-5 working days. I feel jipped! Lol :P

I'll get you to take my machine in next time I think!

I'm picking mine up on the way to class tomorrow and am missing it like anything.

See you there :0)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow, what a guy! Maybe I"ll bring my machine to Otto! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails