Friday, February 08, 2008

Helen's Quilt

Just a few minutes ago I finished the quilting on this quilt. One of my Wednesday girls - Helen - pieced it. If I recall, I think it was made up from a Thimbleberries pattern that she modified. I just love it, and had a lot of fun quilting it.

I thought I'd share a close up of the blue fabric - isn't it just divine? I really love it :-) I have two more customer quilts to work on, and I also need to draft up a pattern that's floating around in my head - Yay for the weekend!

Today Cameron came home from school telling me that a helicopter landed on the oval at school. Unusual I thought. We chattered some more, and he told me that it had a big 7 on it, and a lady with a red shirt was in it. When I thought about it some more, I realised that it was a Seven News chopper, and that it was probably visiting because of the school's 25th anniversary. So, we watched the news later in the evening, and last up after the weather report, sure enough, the news team had indeed visited and presented a little story on the school. How fun! Our poor Amy missed the fun because she was at camp with her year level, she also missed the news report. The camping trip had left her so entirely exhausted that her eyes closed on the lounge and she couldn't be roused. I feel sure the school will fill her in on all the excitement.

I'm off to bed soon too ... I'm just exhausted after a big and busy week. x o x

1 comment:

Toni said...

That blue fabric is so pretty. How fun for Cam..I bet that was exciting...Have a great weekend..Toni

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails