Thursday, October 01, 2015

Oops, I missed September!

Yesterday I was certain I'd have time to get a post up on here - I'm not sure I've ever gone a whole month without blogging. But before I knew it, it was midnight and my eyes really needed to close - guild work, cardio tennis, school holiday kiddo appts - my day had disappeared.

I have been busy hand quilting on Montmellick, and I'm super excited that I'll have the quilting done in the next day or so - then it's on to binding, hanging sleeve, label etc. I can't wait! There's no picture to share on that project, but soon I promise!

So that I have a little eye candy for you - I wanted to share a project that one of my sweet friends Chris brought to class a couple of weeks ago:


Chris has been working on the Civil War Love Letters quilt for a couple of years now, and she was thrilled to share that she's finished hand quilting. Isn't it just lovely?


The blocks are just lovely, and Chris stuck closely to the fabric and colour combinations in the book. She told us all it was a big learning curve working on the quilt, but so very well worth it.


Doesn't this quilt look just like something I'd work on? I have to admit that I'm very much tempted, but I think I already know what I'll be working on next. And you know I'll share when I begin :-)

Also in the eye candy department:


Betty brought more show and tell - this is a quilt she worked on for her sweet grandson. Isn't it striking made up in solid fabrics?


Betty said she wasn't super happy with her quilting, but we all thought it was absolutely wonderful, and another fabulous finish. How lucky I am to have such creative ladies coming to classes?

Better dash - I have to run Camo to tennis training, and then it's a quick drop off and dash to guild. Tomorrow will be a much quieter day, and I will be able to get back into the hand quilting.

Chatter soon! xox

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to see you back blogging - figured you must have been very busy - thanks for sharing the quilts - neat!

Judy Dietrich said...

The days just keep on flying by here too!! Summer ended quickly here & we are into fall weather. I love this time of year. Good Luck on finishing the hand quilting!!

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful work by both of your friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails