Amy and I had a busy day out and about shopping yesterday, and when I got home I took the opportunity to finish putting my next block together:
Block 13 - Indian Plume
So many 1" HST's, I'm so happy they've all lined up nicely. I thought it would be fun to throw that little bird in the centre - I will be using up scraps from my Mrs Billings project forever it seems!
And because I've been dying to start it, last night I prepped and began to appliqué one of the blocks from the Caswell quilt.
This is block A3 - I don't know why I didn't start with A1, but this block appealed to me. As you see I have a long way to go, but I'm enjoying it - the fabric selection is really fun. The top fabric in the big leaf on the left I'm not sure about, but I'll keep going and see if it grows on me.
Well, that's it for now - I'm itching to put some more stitches in the appliqué block ...