Sunday, October 18, 2015

Caswell Quilt - Block A5 in progress

Here's an in progress shot of my next block - A5. I've done a little of the appliqué, but mostly I've just cut out all the pieces. I'll take it with me for handwork - and I've got another two blocks ready to go as well.



The red and the yellow fabrics stand out a lot don't they? Hopefully in the big scheme of the quilt they'll fit right in. I'm still amazed by the number of green fabric scraps I've got kicking around in the stash - I know I'm not going to run out ... ever!

In my mind I'm already dreaming of alternate ways I'm going to put this quilt together - I really need to settle on down. With 30 appliqué blocks to make, I'm not going to be at that stage any time soon!

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

are you doing them in order or as you please? I'm not sure off hand which ones I got done with - the next I think will be D4, I hope to prep it this week

Tired Teacher said...

This is going to be a lovely block.

Anonymous said...

These fabrics will make a very pretty quilt. The variety of green leaves will make the block sing!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Stunning! I love the yellow spark! I love seeing the prep work. It is fun to see how each person handles their hand applique. I mark my top pieces as well, but don't generally mark my background. Yours come out so beautifully, I may have to give it a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails