Monday, August 24, 2015

Tree Skirt Finished

I don't really have anything exciting to share, but I did want to show you the pictures of the completed tree skirt. It's actually really quite pretty:

It would have been nice to wait for a brighter day to take the picture, but it has been so wintery here and I didn't have the luxury of time.

The quilting made me happy, and it felt like ages since I'd turned on the Bernina:

The tree skirt is living at the shop for a while now, hope you like it!

Things have been testy here - Amy came down with a yukky gastro bug last week. Working in a medical centre she does get exposed to a few icky things. I thought Camo would be fine as he was away on school camp, but on Saturday afternoon he came down with it too. And today it hit Marty. I've been sanitising everything like crazy, and I'm going to pray I don't get it ... because who has time for things like that?? Keep your fingers crossed for me ...

8 comments:

Karen said...

It's lovely! I'm fascinated by how I thought the quilting looks raised on the red and cream, but not the green, in the close-up! And having looked again, the optical illusion has gone! Cheers, Karen.

Kristie said...

Goodness! That is beautiful!
Kristie

Vicki W said...

It's very pretty! I hope you avoid the bug.

Tired Teacher said...

The colors and fabrics you used for this tree skirt are lovely.

I hope you've managed to chase that virus out of your house!

Missy Shay said...

Love your tree skirt, I hope you don't get that bug. yuck and miserable!

AnnieO said...

It is very pretty indeed.

Hope the bug skipped you!

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

Love it!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The tree skirt looks wonderful. You are ready for Christmas already! Hope you can avoid the bug.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails