Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Peta's Farmers Wife Top

On Tuesday I was working at the store, and the lovely Peta was running a class in the afternoon. She had brought in the best show and tell, especially for me!

This is Peta's Farmers Wife top, isn't it amazing? (Please disregard haphazard angle and bad photography) :-)

You know the most amazing part of this top? Peta put the blocks together in 5 weeks, and then assembled the top over the Easter weekend. Amazing!

Peta is adorable, and I've known her for the longest time, she taught me to quilt when I was first starting out, around 20 years ago. Time certainly flies :-)

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow she is fast! lovely color selections.
Karen

YankeeQuilter said...

This has got to be one of my favorite FW quilts...five weeks?! It can take me that long to decide on fabric....

Frances Leate said...

Wow this is an amazing quilt and so quick. Just another deadline to meet and then I will be able to get back to my blocks. Take care.

Impera Magna said...

Beautiful colors and blocks... and soooo fast too!

Rebecca said...

I love her colors in this quilt...I am still working on my fwq...I am doing it all in scraps of christmass fabrics.

Mary said...

Oh my Goodness! Love her color choices. That is FAST! I'm 2 months ahead on mine, and just chose the fabric for the sashings. I started in January. I thought I was fast.

Pip said...

Speedy Gonzales, just goes to show what can be done in a short space of time. Love the colourway Peta has used.

AnnieO said...

Really pretty color combo there! My goodness, she is very quick--or obsessed :)

Lorraine said...

Could this be the same Peta who taught me in some of my first classes when I arrived back in SA from Tassie...Quilts and Threads in Highbury....would have to around 20 years ago???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails