Monday, May 09, 2011

Busy, but not blogging ...

I have been such a busy bee over the past couple of weeks, but I have been very naughty not sharing my adventures with you. So, here are a few pictures to fill you in on what we've been up to:

For the Easter long weekend (five glorious days) we headed on over to the family beach house, and spent some q-time in the sun. The weather was just lovely, and as always the kids had a blast.

Amy and her boyfriend catching a few waves.

And Camo has clearly had enough of Dad taking his picture :-)

On the last day of the school holidays I took the kids to the Zoo. We're members there, so we really should go more often. It was so much fun to see the Pandas. Fortunately for me, the kids were happy to pose to make up for my lack of fabulous Panda shots.

Lizzy has done an amazing job of basting my Nearly Insane quilt for me, so I've started on the hand quilting. This is not going to be a quick job ... I see many days and nights of quilting ahead of me. Thankfully, it's one of my favourite parts of the whole process :-)

And here's where my Masons Vista collection stands to date. Do you love the 'new to me' cabinet? It was made for my Grandparents for their wedding, and as part of their paring down process, my Dad kindly brought it down from their house and gave it to me. I love how it fits in perfectly with my decor. That's my Grandmother's picture in there - a sweet snap of her in the 40's. Isn't she gorgeous? xox

And in other quilty news, on Friday I had a really fun play date with the lovely ladies Claire and Val. Such a nice day, and we hope to do it again soon.

Well, that's it, you're all caught up now - I hope I don't leave it so long next time :-) xox

1 comment:

Comfort Cove Designs said...

I too have been a busy gal and neglected my blogging!!! There are just not enough hours in a day!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails