Monday, June 21, 2010

Turning Four-T top quilted!!

Can you believe it? Lizzy has quilted my top already, and I have it in my hot little hands.

She has made a wonderful job of the Baptist Fans I requested, and her suggested thread was simply perfect. Thank you so much Lizzy!

I hope to have the binding cut and machine sewn in place tonight. Then I can hand sew the reverse side down at my leisure. I think I will use one of the blue fabrics - I had thought I'd maybe use the blue-green, but I don't have any of that left. Amazing how these quilts can dictate how they want to proceed.

Gotta dash - very exciting binding to be done! :-)

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh it is lovely!! I have some Turning Four-T blocks I made using florals... and was going to put them on point... but honestly, I'm feeling rather lazy about doing the math for the set-in triangles and your straight set looks so nice and..... I'll stop rambling now. LOL

congratulations!!

Latane Barton said...

Super-dooper!! Great job quilting that gorgeous quilt.

Linda said...

It looks lovely Tazzie. Enjoy, enjoy! What are you going to do for turning 50? 60? Let me know cause I'm up there at the 60 mark and haven't a clue what I should make!!!
Lurking Linda

PatchworkRose said...

Just love all those wonderful colours. What a wonderful quilt. Now back to the NI with a clear conscience :-)
Cheers
Lynne

Anonymous said...

My kinda quilt - flat as a biscuit and square to boot! It was an absolute pleasure to quilt it for you Tazzie!

AnnieO said...

Wow, that was very speedy work! The fans are a great complement to all the angles in the blocks. Enjoy!

Taryn said...

Thank you for the inspiration! I have always wanted a "T" top of my own. I must get stitching.

Barbara said...

Congratulations! It's turned out beautifully and you've got a whole nine years to plan the quilt for your next decade - you could start a trend with this...

sewprimitive karen said...

And now it's a quilt! Really pretty, Tazzie.

*karendianne. said...

I've enjoyed this one, friend. You know I have!

MARCIE said...

Oh Tazzie, what a great quilt! And you will always remember turning 40!

Betty said...

Beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails