Thursday, June 10, 2010

Indigoes

Apologies for the very poor quality picture. I took this with my phone at the shop, and the window was directly behind the quilt.

But you can see what I've been working on in stolen moments at the quilt store. Isn't it cute? :-) I really love the indigo fabrics that are around at the moment, and I was excited to have a play with some.

The pictures and red squares were from a panel. I had planned to slap a border on the panel and call it done, but then I realised that some of the little critters were upside down. So, I cut it all up and put it back together after sashing each square, and I really like it.

At home I'm still working away at my Turning Four-T blocks, and hope to have them all finished within the next couple of days. Once it's at the machine quilter, I will be able to get back to my NI quilt, and also get moving on the Kaffe Fassett project that Linda gave me. I'm soooo looking forward to that one.

Chatter soon! xox

6 comments:

AnnieO said...

Great idea to cut up the panel and make it totally your own. Looks terrific!

Latane Barton said...

Aw, upside down critters. Not good. You did a great job getting that quilt put together just right. I love the blue, too.

Teresa Rawson said...

Cute project...sorry it involved "unsewing..."

I've enjoyed following your NI quilt...I finally broke down and ordered the book myself. Whenh I get the current projects settled down, I am going to have to start a 6-inch sampler quilt. I am enjoying thumbing through the book and dreaming in stolen moments.

in stitches,
Teresa :o)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh just too cute!

Michele said...

Oh my goodness, such cuteness! I think it's adorable, despite the, ahem, issues with it. Nice work!

A Colorful World said...

It is really charming!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails