Friday, June 18, 2010

Turning Four-T top finished

Whew! My Turning Four-T top is entirely finished, and I just love it! Last night at 11.30pm I had put three of the borders on and was just too tired to stitch any longer. Any other day there is no way I could walk away so near to being finished.

And here is a close up of a few blocks and the backing fabric I chose. At first I was thinking I may not use it, but the more I see it, the more I like it.

I've just come home from Lizzy's, she's going to machine quilt the top for me. Lizzy always does a wonderful job, so I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

And the wonderful news is that I can now get back to working on other projects, and even make a Nearly Insane block or two if I choose!

19 comments:

Jenny said...

I really love that quilt, the colours are so good. You've inspired me to start another quilt in traditional blocks!

loulee said...

It looks fantastic. I hope we get to see it again once it is quilted and bound.

The Patch Craft said...

Wow thats fantastic.

ria vogelzang said...

That's going to be a beauty of a quilt! Love your background-choice!!
Have fun!

Vicki W said...

Very pretty! The pink/coral cornerstones really add a nice sparkle.

AnnieO said...

That was a LOT of sewing you did for this quilt, and it looks T-errific!

AnnieO said...

That was a LOT of sewing you did for this quilt, and it looks T-errific!

Brandie said...

It is gorgeous! Pat yourself on the back, your finished! Love it!

Susan said...

Oh....That is lovely........

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your quilt is just amazing! Congratulations on finishing it. What an accomplishment! I'm looking forward to seeing it quilted.

A Colorful World said...

Lots of hard work & just beautiful!

Jo said...

Totally BEAUTIFUL. It is definitely my kind of quilt.

*karendianne. said...

Yippie! Yahooie! Love this quilt.

Latane Barton said...

That is an amazing quilt. I've never done the 4-T square. Maybe now you have inspired me.

Jan said...

Hi ...I am fasinated with the Scrap basket lattice quilt by Susan Murphy & would like to find the pattern - can you help ? Jan


janetcs at iprimus dot com dot au

Mary Johnson said...

I've never been a huge fan of the T block but this quilt is beautiful!

Vivian said...

The top is lovely. I'm surprised how much movement and variety there is when looking at the entire top.

I agree with Jenny--I need to make a traditional block top. Enough of my misc adventures lately. I want the stability of tradition. Thanks for the inspiration.

Quilts And Pieces said...

It is wonderful! I"ve loved watching this grow!

Rachel said...

Clever quilt! I love how it turned out, and I think your choice of backing fabric is great!! Can’t wait to see the quilting.

Cheers!
Rachel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails