Saturday, June 12, 2010

Turning Four-T is getting bigger

After I had my brain wave to make the Turning Four-T quilt bigger, I set about making more blocks. And because I decided to replace three blocks I wasn't thrilled with, I needed to make a further 27 blocks. So, effectively my quilt has doubled in size :-)

Here are all the blocks laid out ready to stitch together - a job I'm going to start tackling this evening.

I also purchased backing fabric today, but I'm actually not convinced that I'm going to use it. I really like the print (it's a taupe with a white 1/4" spot), but I'm just not sure if it's right for this project. I'll share a picture with my next post. I do have a backing on the way over from Whittles fabrics, if it's here in time it will be just perfect, but it's all about timing right now.

For the first time ever, I'm having this project professionally machine quilted. My dear friend Lizzie is doing it. I have known Lizzie for such a long time, and she is just a darling. She also has a blog, and I have been meaning to provide a link to it forever. Be sure to go and visit with her, she has some beautiful quilts pictured there, along with happy snaps of her gorgeous family.

Well, that's it from me - I'm about to serve dinner. I'll check back in with you all soon. xox

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your quilt blocks! They are beautiful!

AnnieO said...

How great it will look all put together! I jumped over to your friend's blog, and do admire her longarm work. Your quilt will be gorgeously quilted I'm sure.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love it!

Lovie said...

If you are not sure about the backing - hold off awhile. The perfect backing with make itself known. Beautiful, make sure you post a finished photo.

Latane Barton said...

That is one more pretty quilt. You did such a great job with it. I know you are excited and will be more so when it is quilted.
Hugs,
Latane from Virginia. USA

PatchworkRose said...

Looking good Tara :-)
Love to see it close up when it is finished
Happy long Weekend
Cheers
Lynne

Teresa Rawson said...

Your "T" quilt is so awesome...I am really enjoying watching this one bloom and blossom right before my eyes. A "T" quilt is definitely on my list. Yours is so inspiring!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It looks great - great progress.

*karendianne. said...

Tazzie! My goodness this is a thrilling sight. I've mentioned many times how much I love this quilt so I wont do the broken record routine. I'll just leave my comment and let you know I'm smiling and celebrating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails