As well as my new obsession (the Nearly Insane blocks), I'm still plugging away at the scrap quilt. Two rows are together. I've made a great many of the sashing strips, and I've also made the additional three blocks I needed.
My original plan was to set 13 blocks on point with large floral setting triangles, but obviously that's not the direction I've ended up taking. I now have 16 blocks total.
In the last post I mentioned that I'm low on the main navy fabric. I won't have enough to surround all the blocks, so I will use the substitute navy fabric to surround four of the blocks and they'll be placed one in each corner of the quilt. Satisfies two of my favourite things - still has scrappiness, and still has symmetry.
If I'm really good, I may have the top finished this week. I do need to get back to some customer quilting though, so my piecing will slow down a little. The kids are back at school week after next, but I'm back at work for two days next week. I simply cannot believe how fast these past 5-6 weeks have gone!