On Friday evening I got my 'one hour' of sewing time (from around 11pm until just after midnight) and finished the top of my scrappy quilt.
I have to admit, even though it didn't work out quite as I had planned (with my cornerstone muck-up), I really like it!
Isn't it amazing how that one square stands out so much in the middle there - it must be a photo thing, as it doesn't glare that much in real life.
Many people have asked if there is a pattern available, and what sizes of scraps I've used etc. There really isn't a pattern - this quilt has just evolved for me, and apart from the cornerstones which are cut at 4.5", all the pieces were from my 2" scrap box, or cut 2" from my stash. With that measurement in mind, the rest is easy.
And for something I've never done before - and inspired by Mereth, I weighed a metre of fabric from my stash, and based on that measurement, it would seem that this quilt has used approximately 4.5 metres of scrap/stash fabric. Not bad at all! Once I've made up the backing and bound it, this will have been quite a good little stash-buster.
Tomorrow is Australia Day, we'll be out with friends having the obligatory Aussie BBQ, and on Wednesday it's back to work. I hope I can keep up some of my stitching momentum even with a little less time on my hands.