Monday, September 22, 2008

Quilting Done

Whew - I'm done. I won't be doing any more quilting for others until the end of October. I set a mental goal of what I'd like to achieve, and I finished last night at around 11pm. Lucky for me I'm a night owl. Then it was the rounds of the school lunches, and a last minute pick up, and bed by just before 12.00. Normal night for me :-) Not so much ... a storm blew in at around 4am and I realised I had some of Amy's school things on the washing line ... soooo I'm feeling a little shattered this morning.

I have a lot I want to get through, but at my current pace, I can't see me achieving much. For the past hour, I've been cruising the Pioneer Woman's site again. Last week I found it for the first time through someone's link, and totally lost my window of time to get to the grocery store while I immersed myself in her love story. If you have a free afternoon, or even a little time to kill, be sure to stop by - you won't be disappointed.

Anyways, back to the title of the post ... this is Jenny's quilt:



I love love love it! I'm not certain, but I think the pattern is called 'Hearts and Gizzards'. It's made in the loveliest Civil War Repro prints, which I just adore. It was a pleasure to quilt on, and it's a crying shame this quilt isn't going to stay and live with me :-)

This one is going onto my list of 'quilts I'd like to make some day'. A list that grows longer and longer with each day that passes.

Okay - I've allowed my mug of 'very strong coffee' to soak in, so I really must get busy around here. I have laundry to fold and put away, things to pack, and rooms to tidy. Maybe I should put the Stepford Wives on again ...

Talk soon ...

18 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

oh that is absolutely gorgeous! i would have a hard time letting it go home too

Vicki W said...

That is a beautiful quilt!

Clare said...

I've Delicioused that site. Looks interesting.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who rescues washing off the line at 4.00 am. Join the club!

May Britt said...

WOW.....such a wonderful quilt. Think this is going to be on my list of things I want to make. Have to look up this pattern.

wendy said...

Pioneer Woman - what a wonderful website. Don't even think about popping on few just a few minutes to check it out - you won't be able to do it. So much to look at, what an amazing time waster. Thanks Tara.................!!

Sunny said...

Wow her quilt is simply fabulous. I love those fabrics. I adore that block but I just cannot seem to conquer it. I have one now that I am hand piecing and it is a nightmare! I would have a hard time letting that quilt go also. I guess I will never be a longarmer afterall! LOL

Christy said...

what an awesome pattern!

Elaine Adair said...

Yep, it IS stunning! The colors are so calming, and we don't see this pattern often (due to it's name?)

julieQ said...

This is absolutely lovely. The fabrics and the piecing is just so pretty! Too bad it can't stay with you...you would give it a good home!

Marla said...

THis is a beautiful quilt and I ditto what everyone else has said about it. Maybe it could accidentally find it's way into your pile of quilts........

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors!

Chookyblue...... said...

love this quilt........have followed Pioneer Women for quite awhile now........she has some funny stories.........like the new hair cut.......hope all is well with your blog break and look forward to your return........

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

I really love your quilt. Where did you find the pattern??? I would love to make one like this, It's absolutely stunning!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found a similar pattern that is free!! The pattern is called "Borrow and Return" you can do a Google search for: "Borrow and Return quilt pattern" or you can go to: home.howstuffworks.com.
and look up Borrow and Return quilt pattern. I hope this helps those that are requesting the pattern. Thanks for the wonderful photo(s) & for inspiring me to quilt.
Brenda (no blog)

Anonymous said...

Google Search: Give and Take Wedding Quilt by Mimi Shimp or Google: Borrow and Return quilt block. Also: http://home.howstuffworks.com The pattern is essentially similar, but arranged in a slightly different block arrangement. The pattern can be downloaded free.
U.S.A.

Anonymous said...

Other sites for locating the Hearts and Gizzards pattern.
www.mccallsquilting.com. The pattern is called Hearts in a Blizzard by Lise Neer, download is free.

www.quilterswarehouse.com or www.kayewood.com
both have the "Pinwheel Hearts pattern," sells for $8.00, U.S.
I hope this also helps the blog readers of your wonderful site.

Gunn Torild said...

I love that quilt!

Lynne Brotman said...

I think your quilt is lovely. The colors are wonderful and your workmanship well done! Check out my site at http://quiltingfromthegut.com, and let me know if you find my quilts interesting. I'm always looking for feedback.
Lynee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails