Saturday, September 20, 2008

A first and a finish ...

Here's my tiny man sharing his first. It's his first trophy ever. This morning he celebrated the end of his first season of basketball with his little under 8 team, and they all received participation awards. He was just so excited, it's just super fun!

And here is my finish. On Thursday at around quarter to midnight, I finished quilting and applied the binding to the charm square quilt. In stolen moments over the last two days I hand sewed the reverse side of the binding, and now the quilt is complete.

Slowly, slowly I'm reducing the number of unfinished tops I have to quilt. I believe I only have two left now. Of course, that number does not include UFO's - I haven't counted them, but I know I have several tops in various stages of construction. I'm not sure I want to know how many :-)

I'm almost finished quilting on a top for a student, and then I'll start another, which will be the last one before we head off on our big adventure. Only six more sleeps!!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats on the finish Tazzie! Bet you feel good about getting it done. Congrats too to your tiny man for his first every trophy. Bet you can't wait for the holiday to start; how exciting!

Clare said...

Only 6 more sleeps! I bet Amy and Cam are getting excited.

Well done on the finish and well doen Cam!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Cam on his first trophy, he looks thrilled to bits!!

Love your latest finish, just beautiful.

Safe travelling.

Katie said...

You can just see how delighted he is! Congratulations to him.

Sigh...I remember those days. Now I have to wait for the grandsons to get big enough. :-)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations on a great finish. It is beautiful.

QuiltNut Creations said...

congrats to your little man and to you for finishing another quilt. i too am attempting to reduce the number of my own personal quilts i have to be quilted and UFOs... i don't want to know lol!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations to both of you on your accomplishments!
I also have no wish to know the number of UFO's I own!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails