Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday evening already!

Ohhh my goodness, this week has completely flown by. I can't believe I'm almost done with Thursday and racing toward Friday! I've had a big two days, full days at the quilt store. I'm completely out of touch with working whole days and I'm feeling really washed out. How I used to work full time before Cameron arrived I'll never know.

I thought I'd share some pictures from the store yesterday afternoon. As you know, I've been knitting socks, and the knitting bug seems to have caught on with a LOT of the other girls. Even Cheryl has knitted up a cute bag - I never thought I'd see Cheryl knitting, but you just never know what peer pressure will do to people *vbs*

And here is a quilt that Jenny has been working on for a while. She's just gotten it back from the machine quilter. My cell phone picture doesn't do it justice - this is one lovely quilt. Jenny has declared that she won't be working with any blue strips for a mighty long time!

Last of all, I have fulfilled my promise, and there are a couple more Sewing Machine Mats in my Etsy store. I just finished the binding on one a few minutes ago.

Tomorrow I'm going to have a fun day playing with the 'surprise quilt'. I picked up the backing and the batt today at the quilt store. Cheryl kindly donated them toward the special gift - she's such a honey. I'm really excited about how the quilt is coming together, and as soon as I can, I'll share some more pictures. I'm now going to make lunches for tomorrow, and then head to the land of nod - I really feel like I've earned a big night's sleep. x o x

8 comments:

atet said...

What fun projects. That knit bag is adorable. I love that fluffy yarn! Sleep well -- you've earned it!

Anonymous said...

Tazzie,

Upon seeing your pictures, I thought you were going to say that the purse was knit from strings left over from the quilt! They look the same color to me! That would be taking recycling a little too far, yes?

~Joan in NC

Jeanne said...

Your sewing machine mats are pretty and very useful. Makes the FW look even better.

Mary Johnson said...

I love the blue strings and don't doubt there are plenty more - mine don't seem to decrease at all no matter how many blocks I make.

CONNIE W said...

Enjoyable post today. Love the purse and the blue quilt. Your FW mat is great. Perhaps I ought to try that idea. Happy Friday.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your little mats are just too cute!

jovaliquilts said...

That blue string quilt is really something! I love it when a quilter uses such a simple pattern with such stunning effect.
Cheri

Unknown said...

Love the blue string quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails