Sunday, July 22, 2007

Stress Free Weekend

I have had the most wonderful weekend. Really stress free. The only 'have to do' stuff was to take Amy to netball yesterday morning, and to do a little grocery shopping. My time has been my own pretty much, so I've been knitting and doing a little piecing.

It's been a while since I've put anything new in my Etsy shop, and since Bonnie loves hers so much, yesterday I made up a new Sewing Machine Mat. I really like making these mats up, and as I have the chance, I'm going to make some more up with my scrap fabrics.

It's also my plan to make up some more Log Cabin coasters during the week.

I have also working been on the pairs for the socks I made up during the week. Normal people would knit up one sock and then make it's pair, but I don't seem to have been working that way. I hope it's not the dreaded second sock syndrome. Anyways, I've just picked up the instep stitches for the second plain sock, so it shouldn't be long now before I have that one finished.

Dinner time is almost here, so I better go and get dinner on the boil. We're having pasta tonight - quick and simple. And then I'll make lunches for tomorrow ... because tomorrow is Cameron's first real day at school!! OMG, my little man is growing up. I just don't know how I'm going to feel - the emotions just may get to me. I'll TTYL.
x o x

11 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Your sewing machine mat is really cute - particularly with the vintage machine sitting on top :)

Rose Johnston said...

Hi Tazzie,
Hope Cameron has a great day tommorrow!!! Those "first" days r emotional arent they??? This year i cried as i drove away from dropped my daughter at high school for the first time (those kids were all so much older!!!) and then 2 days later i cried after i left my son at kinder for the first time (he looked soooooo little!!!) they had a better day than i did lol

Vicky said...

Tazzie, your mat is great! I went digging back through your block to see if you had posted size, etc., and couldn't find anything. I'm thinking these would make great Christmas presents. Any help in that direction would be appreciated! I love it!

Shelina said...

I'm glad you are having a great weekend, where you can choose what you want to do. Great reward for getting the beautiful starstruck quilt.
Your mat for the sewing machine looks so pretty - I like the pockets you have in front of it to hold sewing stuff.

Gail said...

I'm looking forward to one of those stress free weekends, maybe sometime later this century. Glad you enjoyed yours, and best wishes to Cameron. Love the machine mat, looks perfect for take-to-class times.

~Bren~ said...

sounds like a truely wonderful weekend!! I am envious! I think I will plan one of those soon. I love your sewing machine mat!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Tazzie! The mat is so pretty (not to mention that wonderful sewing machine). Hope you do OK tomorrow with Cameron going off to school :-). One of those milestones in their lives for sure; yours too.

atet said...

Those mats are wonderful and aren't the disappearing 9 patches fun? I love the fabrics you are using!

Anonymous said...

I love the sewing machine mat. You do such great work. Perhaps my little white Featherweight needs one. Can you tell me who makes the pattern? It would also make great Xmas gifts for my quilty friends.

KC Quilter said...

Wonderful sewing machine mat!!! Will you give us a "heads up" when you put more in your Etsy shop?

Clare said...

This looks just the thing to get me back into the mood. Could you give me dimensions, etc. No rush as up to my eyes in social stuff until next week, but need to get back sewing again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails