Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Among the Evergreens Quilt

There are some quilting friends that I'm reasonably certain don't stop by my blog. I'm pretty sure that the the intended recipient of this quilt is one of them. I really hope so, or this quilt won't be a surprise.

I'll just say that I didn't make all these blocks, just four of them. A lot of other ladies made one or two blocks each and I'm currently putting them all together as a special birthday gift for a wonderful friend. I'll share a much better picture and more information after it's actually given away.

Isn't it fun how people can all have the same set of directions, and all come up with the most wonderfully individual blocks. I love each and every one of them, they're just great. I hope that the setting I've chosen and the coordinating fabrics will do the blocks justice. It's really fun laying the blocks out and putting all the bits together.

Tonight my friend Jane and I went to a movie. We saw 'Knocked Up' - it was a really funny movie. It was nice to have some time out together. I haven't been getting out so much lately with all the quilty stuff going on. Tomorrow I'm working at the quilt store, and on Thursday too. I haven't been there over the holidays, so I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

A couple of people have expressed interest in a pattern for the sewing machine mat. I don't really have one, I just made mine up based on a tutorial that I saw over at Dawn's blog. I don't remember exactly when it was, but I'm sure it'll be in her archives. I'll have a looky later in the week to find the exact post. The mat that I made sold very quickly, and I've had a couple of requests for more, so I'm hoping to have a couple more made by the end of the week.

Ohhh, and I nearly forgot - Cameron's first day at school was entirely wonderful. There were no tears shed by either of us, and this morning he wanted to go back, so that has to be a good sign. It's really hard to believe my little guy is growing up, but I know it's inevitable.

Well, that's it from me, I'll TTYL. x o x

10 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, those tree blocks are really something. I love how people chose the various colors for the sky behind the leaves. Did they really come out the same size??

Vicki W said...

I love those pine tree blocks!

Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty, I really like those tree blocks. One of these day's I'll make a similar one.

Lynn Dykstra said...

It always amazes me the variety that comes back in a group project. You did a beautiful job putting these together.

mereth said...

I hope they're all the same size and the top goes together smoothly. And believe me, it's so much better having a child that copes happily with the transition to school, instead of one that cries bitterly and has to be prised off your leg every morning!

atet said...

Those blocks are beautiful! So glad his first day of school went well. I know I love the days when dd goes off to daycare cheerfully!

Rose Johnston said...

Its wonderful how they r all unique, its going to make a stunning quilt!!!

Susan said...

I love the forest on your floor! What wonderful variety, and yet it all goes together. Congratulations on making it through the first day of school. =) That's the hardest one.

Anonymous said...

The tree blocks look wonderful. So glad that the first day of school went well!

~Bren~ said...

It is amazing how the same pattern/instructions can end up so different when different quilters use their talents!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails