Saturday, January 27, 2024

A few more things checked off the ever long list ...

The holidays are drawing to a close, so I only have a few more days to check so many things off the list I drew up for myself. TBH, I don't think I'm going to get there, but there won't be any consequences - I know I've been a busy bee and worked hard :-)

Tonight after our visitors went home, while I watched the last of the tennis I put together the mini nine patches for next week. They're always super fun, and at 1.5" finished, they really don't take too long:

I keep saying I'm going to make them more scrappy, and then I don't. Let's see what happens going forward ... I have an abundance of scraps, I'm sure I can work more variety in if I choose.

Also this week, I finished up the Placemat Medley pattern for my Etsy store. It was something I hadn't put on my to do list, but it was a fun undertaking. I'd love it if you'd go check out my Etsy store, maybe you'll see something you'll like, and that'll make me super happy.

And there were a few of the OPA Sampler blocks too:

Block 28 - Steps to Justice

Block 43 - Flying Doves

Both these blocks were so very easy, and all made from scraps. Block 28 from scraps that were literally on my cutting table, I hadn't even sorted things away after finishing up with the placemats. 

It's my hope that I'll be able to spend some extra time in the sewing room this weekend, I'm sure I'll have some free time, and lots of things I'd like to complete. 

And last of all for today, a big thank you to the Chookshed Stitchers ladies for being so welcoming when I joined in on my first Zoom chat with them today. They've been so kind to invite me many times, and I had a lovely (albeit brief) time with them today. I'll be sure to visit with them all again xoxox

6 comments:

Chris said...

It was gre4at to "see" you last night with the Chookshed Stitchers. I came once and have been joining for more than 3 years.

dq said...

I like your style in fabric selection, Tazzi.
Those 9-patches must be so cute as they are so small!

I really enjoyed meeting you on zoom last night. I look forward to getting to know you better.

loulee said...

Great to see you on Zoom with Chooky yesterday. Love those placemats.

Jeanette said...

Lovely to see you on Zoom. Love the placemats & the blocks are gorgeous.

kiwikid said...

Sorry I missed you on zoom yesterday! Your placemats and blocks are lovely and the tiny nine patches are so cute!!

Chookyblue...... said...

its always sad when the holidays are ending.......so please to finally get you to join us on zoom and hope to see you again soon........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails