Sunday, January 21, 2024

Whew!

I made it back to my blog after a busy weekend, I'm relieved! Last week was also busy, but inbetween all my commitments I did manage to get some stitching done, thank goodness!



I've made a further two placemats, and I'm just loving this 'new to me' serpentile style quilting. I'm aiming to put together a placemat pattern medley for my Etsy store, I hope to have it done this coming week - I'm almost there.

And with some of the leftovers from the pink and brown placemat, I put together a further ten blocks for the tiny nine patch challenge. This challenge is so much fun!


A little fabric came into my life this week:


Elm Grove Patchwork is having a sale on their Di Ford Hall fabrics, so I indulged a little. The border print on the left is something I only ever had a small amount of, and I just love it. The fabric on the right is the one with the lovely peacock as well as some lovely flowers for broderie perse. I'll use it in my Morrell quilt when I get back to it.


And these cute fabrics will be put into use making a quilt which will be for our new grand baby arriving in May. Colour me excited!

I've also put a few more stitches into Lily Rosenberry when I've had the chance:


Last picture for the day, we had a dinner party last night, which was just so lovely - I managed to get a picture of the table after I set it, but didn't manage to take another single picture of the night. Something I do too often!


It was a super late night, and I was feeling pretty tired this morning - I did get myself moving pretty quickly though as I had a cafe lunch to go to with some of my lovely tennis friends.
 
I'm hoping to get more sewing time this week, as I don't really feel like I've managed to get through enough of the tasks I set myself for the holidays. I did manage to get the bathroom area painted that I wanted to - but the blocks and the quilts, I haven't done enough of those. I'll get close hopefully - let's see what this week brings! Chatter soon :-)

8 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

Nice fabrics..i have some of the di ford with peacocks....

Frog Quilter said...

I love you red/pink dish collection. I only have a sugar bowl which I use everyday. Hugs.

kiwikid said...

Lovely sewing and great fabric purchases. Your table set for dinner looks great too. I am in awe of the tiny 9 patches!! Very clever.

Susan said...

Hi Tazzie, I am in Zoom with you now so just testing comments.

Janice said...

Hi Tazzie. Happy to meet you on Zoom today. Your blog seems to be fine for accepting comments.

dq said...

That is the cutest little vintage machine!
Your table is set so beautifully as well.
It was nice to meet you on zoom today. Blogger lists me as dq, but I am Deana

Janet said...

Your placemats and Fabric choices are great.
Great new fabrics for your stash.
I think I say this every time but love Lily.
Your table, is gorgeous, the glassware just makes it perfect.
Thank you for sharing.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the colour choice for the nine patches.......the table setting looks lovely........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails