Friday, June 02, 2023

One Block!

I don't have much to share with you this evening, there hasn't been much time for stitching - and at the moment I'm painting bead heads for my sweet customers working on mmmCrafts projects. It's such a fun thing to do, and I love to see the finished ornaments people create.

But back to stitching - I've only made one block this week. I cut it out before we left for travel stitching, but never got to it. On Sunday afternoon Amy babysat the puppy so I could have some time to myself, and I was able to spend some precious time at the sewing machine. This is the result:

I love this block so much! It would be a really fun block for a whole quilt, using different corner fabrics and border strips would make such fun secondary patterns.

I'm not sure what my count for Sarah Morrell quilt blocks is now, but surely I'm in double digits?

Another fun (and slightly stressful) thing I did this past week was to decorate a cake for a friend who was celebrating a school milestone with a bunch of friends.

Norma baked the cakes and distracted the doggo while I did my thing with icing. I'm so glad she was happy with the cake, I feel like I could have done so much better - every cake is a learning experience.

I'm super hopeful that this coming week will be less hectic - I'm still adjusting to life being a puppy Mum. This week has included a trip to the emergency vet, which not only isn't great for the stress levels, but the bank balance too. My tactic now is to simply relax into the fact that it's going to be messy for a bit here, and this little (well, not so little each day) fluffball is going to take up a lot of my time for a while.

I'll be trying to get back to your messages when you leave them as soon as I can, please don't give up on me. Your notes mean so much, so I'll chatter soon! xox

5 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Gosh, all that fussy cutting you did has such an impact! Great looking block and cake.

cityquilter grace said...

amazing you got such lovely progress on both counts with a busy puppy underfoot...

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous block. A whole quilt made with that block would be fabulous. The cake looks great.

Janet said...

Oh my I hope Rowley is okay. As long as he came home with you that is a blessing.
I love the block. I would love to know how you get such precise border strips, perfect.
Your cake looks wonderful. You definitely have the knack for it too.
Enjoy your weekend.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Wow, the block and the cake are evidence of much skill! I had a big block given to me from our guild as an orphan and built around it to make a lap-size medallion. The 'community outreach' gals decided to put in on display on our weekend guilt show...which amazes me. Leftovers can be great inspiration, never mind single blocks. Have fun.
And hope you got to eat some of that cake!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails