Friday, June 23, 2023

Almost there!

I've almost finished the centre square for the Morrell quilt. I just need to make up the pieced corner sections, and then I can decide what applique I'd like in the corners of the background fabric. I'm thinking a little broderie perse could look nice. Let's see how brave I feel when I get there. I still find broderie perse a little intimidating if I'm honest!

It's so nice to spend time working on the sewing machine, I've done so little of it in a while, and I hope to get more piecing finished this weekend. 

One of the lovely things keeping me from spending time in the sewing room is our Rowley pup, he's a delightful distraction. He's doubled in size now since we got him. He was 6kg when we first got him, and when we weighed in at the vet last weekend he was just short of 12kg (26lbs) He's going to be a big boy I think, as he's only four months old.

He has such a sweet personality, but still tends to be a bit timid and doesn't love to go on walks. Hopefully that will improve when we leave this puppy stage behind.

I don't have a lot to share tonight, but I do want to send an apology out into the world. During the week I remembered to have a look and see if there were any comments that were waiting on moderation. I dug a little deeper than normal and found that I had A LOT of them, and some were at least ten years old. There were many comments from long time readers and friends, and I hadn't seen them. At some stage I elected to moderate comments that were made more than two weeks after the original post had gone up, as most of the odd spammy comments seem to be on older posts. But sometimes people do comment on older posts, and they are all the ones I've missed. So, if you've commented and I haven't gotten back to you, that is most likely why. I'm so sorry if I didn't see your message.

And this is a recent one on an old post:


I don't have any way of responding personally, as I didn't get an email address or a name, but I appreciate the visit and I'm happy to answer questions. The questions relate to this post:


I made the quilt quite a long time ago, so I don't really remember how I constructed the border, but I imagine I probably did make up a bunch of four patches and sewed them all together to form the border. I most likely had leftovers from when I made the blocks in the main body of the quilt and then made extras.

And the little inner border would have also been 2" cut (1.5" finished) that way all the maths works out for adding the 1.5" squares for the blue and white part of the border.

I hope the original commenter will see this info, and I hope it helps.

That's it from me for now, it's getting late here, and I'm super tired as we've come home from being out to dinner. It was a big fun night out, and I'll share about it next week. Chatter soon friends! xox

1 comment:

Janet said...

The block is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you decide to put in the corners. Rowley is beautiful. There is nothing like the puppy stage, fun and frustrating. They grow up so fast. Interesting about the old post.
Enjoy your weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails