Saturday, November 17, 2012

Show and Tell

On Thursday while I was working at the shop, one of Lyn's quilt group members Pauline, dropped in with the most delightful show and tell.

She has been working on the Insanity quilt for two years now (along with a hand pieced Dear Jane) and has recently finished the top. If you haven't heard of the Insanity quilt, it was in the Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine a few years ago. It's English paper pieced, and made with 1/2" hexagons. That's a serious commitment to hexagons!


I just love love love it, but can't imagine it'll be something I will take on any time soon. I do have a few friends that have started however, and I know they're loving it.


I was surprised to see upon closer inspection that Pauline hasn't used 30's prints in her quilt, as it has that look from a distance doesn't it?

Seeing Pauline's quilt makes me want to get back to my hexagons again. I have some deadlines to work through first, and then I can play. I'll have to be content with pinning hexie quilts on Pinterest for the time being. Chatter soon :-)

15 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I definitely pinned this quilt! I love it! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

this is so coincidental I have this mag and had started my own adventure on this same quilt... I have only 10 diamonds done but will get there one day.
This looks gorgeous! love the colours. I am just trying to use up the old scraps...a never ending job

Manuela said...

The Insanity Quilt is so beautful.
I have made the Insanity Quilt, too. It's my Header-Photo. I didn't make the outside Border.

Best wishes Manuela.

Sorry, my English.

Vickie said...

goodness gracious me-that is a mammoth effort well done Pauline...and thank ou Miss T for sharing,cheers Vickie

Teresa Rawson said...

All I can say is OH...MY...GOD! That is a beautiful example of quilting commitment! Thanks for sharing.

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have seen a quilt like this some place on someones blog. It really has such an old time feel for it. I actually named my first Dear Jane Insanity as I felt it near drove me nuts. Then when I tackled a second Dear Jane I called that one Insanity Revisited. :) I don't know if I would be up for this one in 1/2 pieces - maybe bigger?

Nancy said...

How awesome is that!!! thanks for sharing.

paulette said...

SEW worth a little insanity!! STUNNING!!
P

*karendianne. said...

Enjoyable share. Intrigued by the fabrics used. Clever! Thanks for pointing that out. Have a great day, Tazzie!

Shay said...

That is one gorgeous quilt!

Pip said...

Insanity is right :) although it is a lovely quilt indeed, and a labour of love, gorgeous.

Linda C said...

Is it okay to pin this one, Tazzie. Your friend is amazing to sticking with this project---it is a wonderful quilt.

Grit said...

Wow, this Quilt is so fantastic. I love sew with hand. And I love hexagons so much.
Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany.

Céline said...

splendid!!

Anonymous said...

Can you give me the details of the magazine please

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails