Sunday, November 25, 2012

A new favourite ...

Even though I put up the Christmas tree on Pageant day, today I put up (almost all of) the rest of the decorations. Including a new one I picked up early this year:

It's by Johnson Bros. and it's called the Friendly Village Lighted Church. I picked it up in April this year when Mum and I were in Melbourne. We visited Harbour Town and found a Royal Doulton DFO. I had seen this sweet little church in a department store before Christmas last year and really coveted it. But I hesitated at the around $100 price tag and sadly walked away. So, when I saw it at the DFO for $29.00 I was just thrilled and snapped it up. I know I'll be enjoying this little treasure for years to come.

And in other news, this evening I'm pinning a quilt before I head to bed - there will be quilting aplenty on the agenda tomorrow.

5 comments:

Pip said...

Lucky you, that was a bargain and you were obviously meant to have it. Starting to look a lot like Christmas in your house.

Andrea said...

Serendipity :-) It had your name on it xx

Shay said...

Its gorgeous. Obviously you couldn't walk away with a crazy price like that!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my mom had a little church decoration like that that lights up - I think my little sister has it now - I have some of the other stuff.

Birthday Flowers Bouquet said...

A person essentially help to make seriously articles I might state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and to this point? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual publish amazing. Fantastic job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails