Friday, November 09, 2012

My Quilt - The Farmer's Granddaughter

Today I visited with my quilt at the Guild show. I was just so thrilled to see her hanging with her ribbons - one for me, and one for Lizzy.


I did do just a little shopping at the show, but I'll remedy that and have a serious look around on Sunday. Other than meeting up with so many of my friends, my favourite thing today was meeting up with Karen Styles of Somerset Patchwork and Quilting. She is just darling, and so very inspirational - the Mrs Billings quilt I'm working on is one of her designs, and she has so many more that I covet. I could just ramble on and on :-)

I'm all tuckered out though, so I'm going to take a nap on the lounge ... I'll check back in soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to visit with "our" quilt tomorrow. It will a quick visit but it will be nice to see it with it's ribbon in situ!

Sheila said...

It is a very pretty quilt Tara, even prettier in the flesh. and Lizzy did a great job with the clamshell quilting.. congratulations

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I covet Karen Styles quilts patterns as well. That is so nice seeing your quilt hanging.

AnnieO said...

Someday lighting at quilt shows will really be good--I hardly recognized this as your Farmer's Wife quilt! It does look awfully dressed up with those lovely ribbons:) Congratulations to you both!

Becky said...

CONGRATS to you both. The quilt is stunning!

Shay said...

Congratulations to you both. It really is a stunning quilt and completely deserving of that kind of recognition (even if we did all tease you for getting it finished long before any of the rest of us !)

Sue said...

Clever Girl once again! Lovely quilt and well deserving of the prizes!

Linda C said...

Congratulations, Tazzie and your friend Lizzy too. Well deserved.

Mine is stalled out right now till after the Christmas stuff is done BUT I can always come look at yours for inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails