Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Quilting and Stash Enhancement

Recently, I may or may not have pressed a few buttons at a couple of my favourite quilt fabric stores. From Hancocks of Paducah, I selected the fabrics in the above picture. And on backorder one of the Moda Scrap Bags. I can't wait to see what that's like :-)

From Z and S, the fabrics above arrived a few days later. I'm sure it's quite obvious that I'm a reproduction-fabric girl.

Just a few minutes ago I finished quilting on my friend Jenny's table runner. It's the most darling thing, made with a charm pack and a little yardage. I had fun quilting on it, and can't wait to get busy on another project.

I'm almost done working on the super secret item I've been working on (it's a gift) so, very soon I'll be returning to my regularly-scheduled-blogging :-)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that new fabric . Is the fabric in the cupboard below always that neat ? It looks amazing !

Jenny said...

What lovely fabrices Tazzie!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Yummy is right! I can't resist Z&S either..but I've HAD to. I can't shut my cupboards! So I need to spend more time sewing than hoarding..*LOL*

Quilting looks lovely!!

Bonnie

Maria said...

I love the two first fabrics, I have just received the left one, I´m willing to see what you do.

Rhonda said...

What beautiful Civil-berry/Thimble-War fabrics.....did I say that correctly.......LOL

loulee said...

Jennys table runner is adorable, you know I'm a sucker for blues!
Enjoy your new fabrics.

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Tazzie, you do have the excellent taste in fabrics!!

mereth said...

"May or may not have pushed buttons?"
I put it to you Tazzie, that you did indeed push those buttons, and furthermore,regarding the photographic evidence, that you have already received the said material! Guilty!!
Can you tell I'm jealous? I love that stripe.

julieQ said...

I love pushing buttons! You pushed them very successfully, love your stash augmentation. Very pretty mystery project there.

*karendianne. said...

Oh the fabrics!!! Ohhhhh.... splendid.

Kristie said...

Oh, I love those fabrics! Civil War Repros are my FAVORITE!

Love the quilting on the tablerunner!
Kristie

Lori in South Dakota said...

Reproductions, I'm swooning! Love them all.

Mary Johnson said...

Love the flower and swirls quilting -- If I remember, I might just do a similar leafy block design in my son's quilt.

Karen said...

Oh your fabric looks yummy! Don't you just love getting packages in the mail! Especially when it is the fabric that you have picked out for yourself!

ForestJane said...

I'm really impressed with the quilting too... that's perfect in the white border, and so's the rounded feather-things in the outer border. ;)

keryn said...

Fancy that, I pushed the same buttons. I couldn't resist that madder stripe. I think mine is still on it's way.

I love the way Z and S tie the bows rounf their fabric. Very pretty, and it's extra fabric to go in the stash.

Anonymous said...

I have the 2 pink fabrics. Both will be used in my civil war diary quilt.

Anonymous said...

hi! i like your website.. Thanks for the sharing.. add your website here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails