Sunday, June 07, 2009

Birthdays Approaching!

There are several family birthdays to celebrate this month. Notably, our Camo turns 7 on June 20, and also, our cousin's little man William turns 1 next week. Camo has many quilts of his own, but I have yet to make one for William - so yesterday I quilted up this cute Paddington panel to present to him for his special day. Cameron has declared it cute, so let's hope it's new owner will feel the same way.

On a completely different note, I've been meaning to post about this for a few weeks. I recently received a lovely gift from my Grandma (my Dad's Mum) - it is a lovely tea set from her collection. She knows my love of pretty china, and thought I'd appreciate and love this set. It's English made, by Gray's Pottery, and a Susie Cooper design from the 20's. Mum tells me that this is just a taste of the pieces and that there is more to come my way - how exciting! Grandma knows me well, I just love it, I'm such a fan of the Deco period, so how could I not. Thank you so much Grandma, love you to bits!

14 comments:

loulee said...

Thats a cute tea set!
I'm sure the little man will be delighted with his Paddinton quilt.

Nana Time said...

I love vintage china also and this pattern is very modern looking and especially nice because its been in the Family.

I just bought a Harry Potter quilted wall hanging for my ten year old grandson....I haven't had much luck finding enough HP fabrics to make him a quilt but I think he'll like the wall hanging.

I've brought my grandkids up on Pooh and books (I'm a librarian) so your quilt is especially great to me!

jovaliquilts said...

I absolutely love those dishes! Lucky you!

sewprimitive karen said...

Those dishes are really pretty, love the designs from that era.

*karendianne. said...

Tazzy, your tea set gift is supremely lovely. Oh so pretty, pretty, pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Grandma is divine!

Clare said...

The tea set is beautiful. It looks brand new. Have you got any Clarice Cliff china?

Elaine Adair said...

hmmm, no one else mentioned it, but I am noticing the similarity of the colors in the quilt to the colors of that lovely china! Wow, I would have picked that china set myself! Scrumtious (sp?) 8-)

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Love the tea set and the quilt. I can't imagine any child not loving the quilt!

limpingalong said...

Oh, my, just beautiful. If I had all the dishes that I want, I would have to sleep in the car because the house would be full!
Lucky you!

Gari in AL said...

The tea set is beautiful, so colorful. And more to come: whoopie!

Michele said...

Ooooo, I love Paddington! This is such a cute panel!

And the colours in that yummy tea set almost match the quilt! Delicious! You're so lucky.

Hugs! M

siv hege said...

Paddington is adorable, and so is your new teaset :)

Linda F said...

Tazzie- your machine quilting is just getting more awesome! Nice tea set!

Pam said...

That tea set is pretty wonderful!! I am coveting it :)))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails