My dear sweet Bernie must have heard me telling my tale of woe last night, and behaved herself sufficiently for me to do some quilting on the tree skirt I started on Saturday. I got about half of it done before I decided to call it a night.
Today I finished off the quilting, cut the opening, and applied the binding to the front. Now I just need to trim away the excess batt and hand sew the binding to the reverse side.
You can't see it from the picture, but there's a little loop made from excess binding hidden at the back. When I do the hand sewing, that will pop thru to the front. And ready to be stitched in place for use with the loop, a cute Christmas themed button.
I've had fun putting this project together, and it's really achievable in a weekend - especially when your sewing machine cooperates. :-)