Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Teeny tiny log cabins

In my first post I mentioned that I'm working on a scrap quilt currently for the magazine. I can't put a picture of the quilt on here right now, but I can show you a close up of some of the left over blocks. When I was making up the quilt, my head must have been in another place, because I miscalculated the number of log cabin blocks I'd need, and made 8 extra??

During the past few years, I've been a Thimbleberries club member at my favourite quilt store, and as a result of that, I've ended up with a lot of scraps, which I've channelled into Bonnie-style scrap bins, but I also ended up with a lot of 'strings' which I've put to use with these log cabins, which finish at 5" square. I decided to keep the centres red, and for the rest of the logs, the warm colours on one side, and the cool colours on the other. I managed to use up most of my strings and some extras on these blocks, it feels great to work through the scraps ... it's almost like free fabric!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails