Thursday, June 29, 2006

Seeing stars

When some friends of ours announced a while back that they were to have a baby, I promised I would make them a cot quilt. The arrival date drew nearer and nearer, and I wasn't sure what to make them. I didn't want to make something which was in pastels, but had no other ideas. That's when I saw the Random Ohio Stars project on Bonnie's website, and remembered I had won some variable stars in an online bingo swap. A plan for a baby quilt was born!


I have also been using Bonnie's ideas for backing quilts, so I used some of my 10.5" squares that I had already cut, and being somewhat lazy, I also used some 10.5" strips which I cut to 40.5", so I wouldn't have to make up so many seams. The back is kinda cute I thought, and I used up stash I probably wouldn't have otherwise.


And of course, being the faithful follower of the 'Scrap Users System' that I have become, as soon as I trimmed the backing away after quilting, the pieces were channelled into other appropriate scrap boxes, ready for use with the next project. Thank you Bonnie for helping me be so organised!

5 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Tazzie, thanks for compliments over on my blog. Yeah, I'll make it through this move - I just don't adapt well to change, so I get cranky.

Your Random Stars looks great. I understand about being lazy - I think that backing looks great. No need for all those blocks to be the same size.

Ali Honey said...

Hi Tazzie,
I saw your comment on another site and came to check you out. I guessed by the name, you might live just across the ditch. Welcome to Blogland. It is great fun and you meet lovely like minded people,Best Wishes from Alison in New Zealand.

Joyce said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I love the baby one. It's nice to see a baby quilt that's not in pastels.

Fiona said...

Hi Tazzie, thanks for visiting my blog. I like the quilts you have shown so far - especially the bright liquorice allsorts. Look forward to seeing more of your work in future.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

This is a wonderful baby quilt. And really, I must start piecing my backs - I spent a small fortune this past month on backings and that really isn't fun!

Cheers!

Evelyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails