Friday, August 18, 2023

Such a productive week!

Hi friends! I feel like I had such a productive week this week, I didn't get photos of everything, but I snapped quilt block pics for you.

On Saturday night we had friends over, and I used the recently new to me Spode dinner set. OMG, I love it so! I made rolled roast chicken and a fabulous roast vegetable medley. And for dessert I made a lemon ricotta tart. This is the recipe I based it on. It was so great I made it again on Wednesday so that the Thursday quilting ladies could indulge too, yum! Also on the baking front, I made sourdough bagels from scratch using the sourdough starter I've been cultivating. They were gone before I managed to take a picture. So very yum also! I'm going to make them again this weekend, so I'll try and remember to share my results.

And from a quilting perspective, I was busy too. I made some more of the Opa Sampler blocks:

Block 8 - Churn Dash

Block 16 - Radiant Sun

Block 9 - Checkerboard

When I started this project, I declared to myself that I was to use fabric from my scrap drawers, and that I wasn't to be concerned about if it was reproduction fabric, or any other type. But after I made this block, I just wan't in love with it, and didn't think it would fit in with the other blocks at all. I was expressing these thoughts to some of my friends, and one of the sweet ladies told me how much she loved the fabric and the block too.


So I added a border, quilted it up and bound it, and I'll give it to her on Thursday. It makes me happy that it won't go to waste. And then I made another block:


I'm much happier with this one, and I know it'll look better in the quilt overall.

Last of all, I mentioned last week that Rowley turned 6 months old this past week and promised I'd share a photo:


He has grown so much! The first picture is from pickup day which was the 9th May - he was around 6kg. And the second picture was on Wednesday - he's now weighing in at 19kg. He's a big boy, and getting bigger fast!

Afrer I sign off here, I'm going to work on a little hand quilting, and then get busy working on a few more Christmas gifts for this year. I have quite a bunch to make, so I don't want to leave them to the last minute. I'll let you know how I get on. Chatter soon!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have been busy! great looking blocks

Janet said...

I knew you could do something with the starter. Sounds yummy and so does the dessert. Blocks are beautiful.
Rowley looks just like my Chester, he was a Sheltie, he is in heaven now.
Can't wait to see how big Rowley gets. He is gorgeous.
If you have a picture of your dinner table set with the new dishes, I would love to see.
Have a great weekend.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the churn dash block.........zoom is on right now let me know if you want to join......

kiwikid said...

Beautiful blocks and you are very generous to give the not quite right block to a friend. Lovely photos of Rowley - they grow very quickly don't they!!

Janet O. said...

Churn Dash and Radiant Sun blocks are two of my favorites. Love the look.
That block made an excellent mini quilt for your friend. How kind of you to do that for her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails