Friday, January 19, 2018

When it's hot - sit around and applique ...

My goodness, we have been experiencing some hot weather lately - and all this heat makes me so lazy. Today reached 44c (110f) at its peak, and believe me, I've almost worn a groove in the lounge staying cool in the air conditioning.

With all this sitting, I can still keep my hands busy, so I've added some more bits and pieces to the Phebe border:

Some of the pieces aren't stitched down yet, and there are many elements to add, but I'm happy with how it's coming along. It'll be fun to round a corner and fill in the sides - hopefully that won't be too far away. I understand it's going to be hot over the weekend, but not quite so extreme, so I see more applique in my future.

In my last post I mentioned I had a couple of comments that I haven't been able to reply directly to:

Rosemary Jack commented on the Caswell project and asked if the pattern is for sale. You can purchase the pattern at Threadbear - Corliss has the most beautiful fabric and patterns in her store.

Thank you to Susan, Suzanne and Bridget who left kind comments recently - thank you for stopping by.

I need to have an early night tonight, so I'll check back in soon xox

7 comments:

Janet said...

Look at you, you are stitching up a dust storm since it is so hot there. Your fabric choices are really gorgeous. You have the eye. Stay cool and happy stitching. As always, thank you for sharing.

Phyllis said...

Lovely again, great to follow your progress :-) , hope to be doing some stitching on mine this weekend. Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

Hot for you and cold for me. Though we have a very moderate winter season in Florida, I do not like cool or cold weather.
Your applique border is beginning to take shape and is very pretty. Really adds to the design. I have that pattern in my stash but don't know that I will ever find time to make the quilt.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

So pretty!

Nancy said...

Wow! Just wow! What an amazing, beautiful quilt! I love how the flowers in the border have depth and interest because of the printed fabrics you've used. And I like how you used a diamond on the corners of the border with red triangles.

sewyouquilt2 said...

beautiful project. we will send you some of our cold. it has been below zero at times here and I don't live in Alaska! lol we had 18 inches of snow the last storm. I am good.......

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I am in the USA but have read off and on about your heat wave there.

Can't believe that anyone can deny Climate Change :(

Meanwhile I rarely comment but do enjoy visiting and seeing your amazing work :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails