Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Phebe - I love applique!

My goodness I love to work on applique projects when everything is going well, and right now things are progressing really nicely with this next Phebe border ...

At the moment I'm only working on the bottom border - I've stitched all the vines down, and I'm just starting to put some of the pretties in place. It's really fun to fussy cut fabric when I have the chance, and I love to hunt through my scraps to find cute pieces to use.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the border fill out - there are pretty flowers, birds, acorns and more to come!

I have had a number of comments over the last couple of months from lovely readers that I haven't been able to reply to - I hope to address their questions in my next post - in the meantime, I'm on an applique roll so I'm going to stick with it. Chatter soon :-)

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Your applique looks great. I recently unboxed my Phebe, it had been an ufo for a few years I am afraid and am really enjoying working on it as well. Am going to enjoy seeing your progress.

Janet said...

Lovely. You are going to be finished in know time. Are you using the glue method on some of the pieces? I just love your fabric choices. Have fun.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Stunning! You are indeed progressing nicely. Just beautiful!

AnnieO said...

So sweet! That vine looks tiny, but so good. Enjoy every minute, I know you will 😊

Kyle said...

It's those little details that really make the difference. Great job

Pip said...

Nothing like hot days and the Australian Open to make it easy to get some stitching time in :) Phebe is looking gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails