Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Caswell Block F3

Raise your hand if you knew I'd find every spare moment to finish the last Caswell block I've been working on! Sleep is overrated right? Of course it is ... so to that end, here is my last block:

Caswell Quilt - Block F3

In my haste to take the picture, I've managed to take a blurry shot and haven't pressed the block well at all - but it's done and I'm just thrilled. I think this may be my favourite block so far. What a wonderful note to end on!

My sewing room is still in disarray, and will be for another week, so I can't get busy doing anything else just yet. Also my sewing machine is having a visit at the Bernina health spa, so even if I could find myself a quiet corner, there's not a great deal I can do.

Before I go, I'm so happy to be able to share some pictures that my sweet friend Janet took of my Montmellick quilt hanging at the AQC in Melbourne:







Now that AQC is finished, my quilt has travelled to Nantes in France with Di Ford-Hall, it'll be displayed in the special exhibit at Pour L'amour Du Fil. I genuinely wish I could be there, but this year it's not to be. I have some lovely friends over there, and they have assured me they'll be sending me lots of pictures, so I'll update you soon.

Well, that's it for me today - I have the last items of furniture to move and then it's time to get busy painting. Chatter soon! xox

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how nice to see your quilt hanging - beautiful. that block sure has a lot of leafs doesn't it.

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

Absolutely lovely!! Both the block and the quilt!!! Wonderful that your quilt gets to travel!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Did you see my hand raised high from across the ocean? I knew you would find time to finish it and it is indeed a beauty! I'm betting you will be starting something new before you put this one together too - we are birds of a feather! Love your Montmellick Quilt. I wish I was going to Nantes too. I am planning on going to Paducah next year. Surely hope we meet in person some day!

Kyle said...

My hand was raised too. What a glorious block to finish with. Your Montmellick looks wonderful hanging in the recent show and will be lovely in France as well. I've always like how you used a lighter border print.

Tired Teacher said...

The last block, already? What a fabulous accomplishment. Well done.

Jean McGee said...

Tara, your work is beautiful and you should be very proud of what you have achieved. The Caswell blocks are just stunning.
Regards, Jean 😀🌺

Teresa Rawson said...

Fabulous finish to the Caswell...such a beautiful one to end on. Your fabric choices are so nice...this may be my favorite in your whole quilt! Congrats on your lovely quilt hanging in the show! Caswell will be there next...

Tina said...

I love your final Caswell block! It is just beautiful and your sewing is perfection. I am also a fan of Di Ford's Montmellick and you have also done a wonderful job on this quilt as well. Both are just beautiful!!!

Beatrice said...

Hello, your Mountmellick quilt by Di Ford was indeed in Nantes! I didn't get to see it in the flesh but have recognised it on a French blog thanks to its border:
http://tempusfugit.over-blog.com/2016/05/pour-l-amour-du-fil-10-best-of-mountmellick.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails