Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cutting, cutting and cutting some more ...

This week I've been cutting and cutting for the next border of my Mrs Billings quilt. There are hundreds of pieces to cut. I need 200 of the diamonds in the background print and 200 in my coloured prints. I need 204 of the little triangles in the background print and 200 in the coloured prints. And then I need to put dots at the seam intersections on the back to make it easier to piece the borders together. Whew!

I've just finished the background print cutting this afternoon, so I'll get busy on the other prints soon ... wow, this has been time consuming. And in other quilty news, I'm almost finished all the blanket stitching now too - just a few leaves to go. How fun to be getting on top of things.

It's been a while since I shared any shoe purchases - and you all know I'm way into shoes, so here are some sweeties that I picked up on Thursday. The weather has warmed up here so I'd been thinking of picking up a cute sandal for Christmas, and these fitted the bill. Aren't they darling? I just love them.

While I was putting them away I found a pair of ballet flats I'd picked up a couple of months ago and instantly forgot about. They're so cute in a gold and black tiger stripe. I'll have to break them out and start wearing them too.

Something else that kept me busy this past week was the final bits and pieces for my Farmers Wife Sampler quilt. Won't be long now until our guild show - I dropped off my quilt on Friday, and believe me I was so relieved to have the hanging sleeve and label finished in time. I'll be sure to share a picture when it's hanging up.

Hopefully my next post will be more newsy, so I'll chatter really soon! xox

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taz this quilt is coming along splendidly and there is an end in sight not to worry! I just love it, it is worth every cut and sew and iron to get what you will achieve

Sheila said...

as much as i love Mrs Billings. i think you just scared me off doing it.
Can't wait to see your FW hanging at the guild show... I hear there are a few.. will be like a CWA (Country Women's Association) meeting.
And the shoes are divine.. dare you wear them to the presentation night in the Ballroom

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh my lord, look at you stacking up those Mrs. Billings pieces (love the neutral color). Many, many pieces lol!!

Izzy said...

You are extremely brave... Cutting all those little pieces would drive me crazy! I cannot wait to see your Farmer's Wife. Oh and gorgeous shoes! :-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I so love all the work you are doing on Mrs. Billings - spectacular work marking the seam intersections are well worth it in the end.
Shoes on the other hand I am not into and wear the same comfy ones over and over - I live in the country and have no need for heels, I am not a dress up person!

Anonymous said...

I am not a dress up person either BUT those navy and white shoes would be worth wearing an hour to church.... REALLY seriously CUTE...

Nancy said...

Oooh my, the shoes are darling and will be fun to wear.

Did you cut all the pieces by hand or do you have a die-cutter?

Roseanne said...

If you cut all them fabric by hand boy your hand would be sore. I love your shoes.

Anonymous said...

Love love love those new shoes!! Where did you get them? Wendy xx

AnnieO said...

That is a lot of tiny little pieces! But they will all come together under your talented hand.

Cute shoes! We are heading into late fall here so the days of sandals are numbered, though we do get our odd day of 80 degree weather in November/December, sometimes on Christmas too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails