Thursday, October 18, 2012

All finished!

Yay, my Farmers Wife Sampler quilt is all finished. I sewed the last of the binding in place last night. This quilt is a big girl - I'll have to try and get a better picture, but given that I'm feeling lazy right now, this is the best I can do in my sewing room :-)

 Oops - the one above is quite blurry - that's what I get for using the iPhone in a hurry.  You can see the quilting in the centre quite well can't you? Lizzy did a wonderful job, I'm just thrilled - thank you Lizzy!


And in this one you can see a little teeny bit of the backing fabric. I chose a double wide by Judie Rothermel from the Mill Girls collection. It's really quite pretty. I was glad to have a little left over to put in my scrap boxes.

The only things that remain for this quilt are to place a label on the back and give it a hanging sleeve. Those are things I traditionally do at the Very Last Minute. It would be smart to do it now, but they're my least favourite things to do *lol*.

And in fun news, after I got home from work today, I did some more Mrs Billings piecing. I'm really inspired to work on her lately. I made all the 60 four patches for the next border. I wonder if I can get any more of that pieced tomorrow? I hope so! It's almost bed time, so I'll chatter soon :-) xox

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you made a very large FW quilt - mine was little, I got tired of that one after a little while, maybe because I had made 2 dear janes before it - I got tired of samplers. I like the colors you used.

Laura said...

What a finish! Great quilt.

patchworkowy said...

Tazzie wonderful patchwork bravo :-))

Elsie Montgomery said...

Oh, this is a great departure from the usual colors... and the quilting looks marvelous. Congrats on a lovely finish!

Nancy said...

The quilting is perfect: it doesn't overpower the blocks and allows them to be the stars. Enjoy!

Teresa Rawson said...

Really stunning...you should be SO PROUD!!

In stitches, Teresa :o)

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

It's stunning! Can imagine your doing the happy dance after finishing this beauty!

Sue said...

She is absolutely stunning Tazzie. I also love the quilting and your colours. Was it done on a long arm machine. Is it a clam shell pattern?

chicken lover said...

Fabulous - Well done. I've only done about 15 blocks, I keep getting side tracked with baby quilts!

Shay said...

Even though we all good naturedly gave you a hard time last Saturday, that quilt really is beautiful.

Im hoping to finish mine this weekend too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails