Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tumblers

Last night I finished up quilting on a really big project, so today I've been feeling like a little bit of a weight has been lifted. Faced with some free time this afternoon, I wanted to sew on something mindless.

Rummaging around in my 'project' boxes, I found some tumblers I'd cut a while back. They're awfully cute, so I cut some more from my 3.5" scrap strips, and started piecing them together. Loving it! I think this can be a new leader and ender project. I'm growing a little tired of nine patches and similar things.

I have used the EZ Quilting tumbler template. I own quite a few of their shapes now. At first, I found the template slipped around a bit, so I put some clear grip on the back, and it stays in place like a dream. On the template, two of the corners are notched so that the shapes line up neatly - I love that! Makes piecing so much easier.

I'm going to do some chores now - I'm feeling like doing a little Flyladying, and when that urge hits me, it's really a good idea not to ignore it ... so ttfn :-)

9 comments:

Donnamo said...

Cute! thanks for telling the info about the templates!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

That's going to be a beauty! It's a pattern that's on my to-do list....along with several others ;o)

onlymehere said...

I haven't attempted tumblers bz they just look so darn hard! I love the pattern though so it's interesting to watch it progress.

LC said...

Leader-enders... good idea! This week was flylady week for me too, and it feels good to get messes into some resemblance of order!

blessings!

AnnieO said...

I love that! I just made a little tumbler tabletopper from some charm squares--Halloween prints--and backed it with some strips of fall fabrics for a two sided quilt. I love tumblers and want to make a scrappy one like you are. I used a different brand of acrylic template but the same size. Enjoy!
anniesquiltorts.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I just love the tumbler block. I have my top finished, just needs to be quilted! :0)

Helen said...

Great tumbler block quilt! Thanks for the link to the template site - I have often looked at the same templates in the shops but unsure if it was a good size to buy... now I'll be buying it for sure, I love anything you can cut from strips!

Lissa Jane said...

I did a tumbler (queen size) in civil war / 19th century as a leader ender too.. I have pics on my blog if you are interested.. Its my favourite quilt (at the moment)


take care


Lissa

chang said...

Thanks for the sharing this website. it is very useful professional knowledge. Great idea you know about company background.
web application development

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails