Sunday, September 15, 2024

Little things ...

Hi friends, this past fortnight I've been working on some little things, and plugging away on some big projects too.

I've hand quilted a bit more than normal, and I'm out into the border on Lily Rosenberry. In fact, since this photo was taken, I've moved right into the corner of the quilt:

It's so nice to have time to spend on hand quilting, it doesn't seem like I get a lot done, but when I spread the quilt out, it looks so good and I realise all the quilting adds up. I'll try and get a photo of the quilt spread out so you can see how far along I am. Hopefully the detail will show.

It was Nanna's 95th birthday today, and I went with some of the family to visit with her. She just loves when the babies visit especially, her eyes really light up. I made her a little something to have on her side table, I hope Nanna enjoys using it:




I see more of these little mats in my future, they're fast to put together, and fun to quilt. A good Christmas project I think.

And the last picture of the day, Rowley on a recent walk refusing to perform for the camera:


Rowley is about 18 months old now, so still officially a puppy. He's a big boy though, at 34kgs (75lbs) - sometimes onlookers could be forgiven for wondering who is walking who.

Off to bed shortly here, I've just spent some q-time with the hubby watching the F1GP while working on some more lodestar ornaments. And tomorrow I'll get busy painting bead heads to replenish stocks. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend, and chatter soon!

4 comments:

Janet said...

I can't wait to see Lily in all her glory. I know it is going to be amazing. I am probably repeating myself but so look forward seeing it. Why 95 that is wonderful. I bet she loved the gift.
I have the same thing with Winston, who is walking whom. He is like a horse, if he knows you are preoccupied on the walk he will take advantage of you. He is gorgeous. Enjoy.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love Lily, she so beautiful! I've looked at the pattern several times, someday I'm going to break down and purchase it. Happy stitching!

loulee said...

Love Nana's mat. Great to read that your fingers have been busy with the quilting needle.

kiwikid said...

You are making great progress with your quilting! Lovely present for Nana. Typical pup, not looking when you want them too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails