Saturday, March 30, 2024

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to my friends who celebrate, I hope you have a lovely weekend. Because of the extended long weekend, I forgot what day it is and here I am posting on a Saturday ... better late than never!

I managed to get quite a bit of sewing done this week, I quilted and bound the cot quilt for Mushroom Chu-Chu, and I'm thrilled with the results:

I used the serpentyle style quilting stitch that I'd used on some placemats earlier in the year and it was so speedy. After I marked all the lines and basted the quilt, it only took about 90 minutes to get the quilting done. Colour me happy! In fact I'm so pleased with this quilt that I'm contemplating writing it up as a pattern. It's just perfect for prints you don't want to cut up too much.

And in piecing news, I'm making moves toward catching up on the reproduction mini 9 patches - I made these ones during the week:

I'm calling these week 11, though they bear little resemblance to the originals. They're not very scrappy and quite blendy too TBH. At the time I made these, I still had weeks 5 through to 10 to catch up on - but yesterday I worked on week 5 though I haven't taken a picture yet.

This afternoon I'm contemplating breaking out the Morrell quilt project and potentially putting a block together. I'm not sure if I've made any blocks toward that project this year? It got put aside when things got busy for me and other projects bullied their way to the front of the queue. My version of the Rajah quilt also met the same fate. It's waiting on me to open that project box and finish it up. I don't think there it a lot to go, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, that has been my week in the quilting room/ladies lounge, how has your week been? Chatter soon xox

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The baby quilt is so pretty, love that fabric! I can see why you didn't want to cut it up into tiny pieces. Happy stitching!

Janet O. said...

The cot quilt has such a soft, sweet look to it. Nice finish!
Your 9-patches look very precise. That is a job well done when the blocks are so small.

dq said...

Lovely finish and lovely photo of your 9 patches displayed on a gorgeous plate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails