Friday, March 22, 2024

Decision made ...

Whew, this week thankfully saw a return to something like normality. Though I'm still a little low on energy, I could spend the day with sweet little Mary, get some work done, and catch up with my sweet quilting friends.

And also, I was able to make a decision which had been eluding me for a little while. Mary's little sister (who she has named Mushroom Chu-Chu) will be arriving in the not too distant future, and though I'd purchased some pretty fabrics, I had no clue what I wanted to make with them. That is no longer the case! Here are some pictures of the completed top - I just finished it this afternoon:




I had originally drawn up this pattern and made the quilt about ten years ago - I'm not sure what I did with the original quilt, but it's a really nice one for a print you don't want to cut up too much. I really like the sweet little possum print, and I may go back to the store and find some more.

If I get really enthusiastic, I'll get the quilt basted this weekend and maybe start quilting. I'm not sure what quilting style I'll use, but I've been toying with using the serpentile quilting stitches like I did with a couple of the placemats recently. 

In other news, it was lovely catching up with some of the Chookshed quilters on Zoom last weekend. Next time I must remember to have my laptop charger with me, I always get low batteries much faster than I think I'm going to. The ladies I've met are all lovely, and it's so fun to hear all the chatter.

That's all I have to share for the moment, fingers crossed I have a bunch more to share with you next week! *hugs*

8 comments:

Chris said...

It was great to see you on zoom. I always forget how fast the laptp battery dies. I even got a new one a couple of months ago. So I try to have my charger sitting next to me. I love the zoom meeitns. I sat on there for more than 5 hours the other night. See you next time.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The baby quilt is so pretty, love those possums! Happy stitching!

Pam said...

The quilt is really pretty, looking forward to seeing how you choose to quilt it

cityquilter grace said...

that floral print is sooo pretty

Janet said...

Love the quilt top. The fabric is a perfect show case with a few spots of extra color.
so very glad to hear you are feeling better.
Happy stitching.

Rose Marie said...

It was lovely to see you again on zoom. Your new quilt top is sweet and the fabric is nice and you were right not to cut it up.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt - I like serpentine stitch for quilting, especially when there are lots of straight lines.

dq said...

It is truly so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails