Friday, November 10, 2023

Limited sewing time ...

Sewing time has been so scarce this week that I have very little to share with you. My little Etsy store has been super busy and I've been painting wooden bead heads almost every day. It thrills me that people are so happy with my work, and I never grow tired of the darling little faces.

So, I have two things to share for you - the first up is a new tree skirt I'm attempting to have completed really soon. It'll be another option for people looking to stitch up something for themselves, and this time jelly-roll friendly so ppl can keep to a fabric theme/collection.

I'm having fun with these novelty prints, aren't they darling? I'm sure to be close to finished/if not finished by next week, so I'll look forward to being able to share more soon.

And today I made another OPA Sampler Stitchalong block as I've gotten well behind ...

Block 41 - Chessboard

This block absolutely could not be simpler, so it's a good one to get back on the horse with. And it's the only block in the quilt that is repeated, so I definitely knew what I was doing when I put it together. I'm hoping I'll be able to sew up another block tonight, but if I don't that's okay too :-)

Another thing I want to tell you about, and it's bothering me. I'm having loads of trouble commenting on peoples blogs recently, and I'm just not sure how to fix it. When I send lovely friends a comment after stopping by, I'm getting a message in my mail account saying Bigpond isn't allowing the comment. Gah! I'm not tech savvy enough to troubleshoot and fix what has happened, there must be an update that has messed things up. But I did want to send my sweet friends know that I have been visiting with you when I can, you just won't know that I've been by. I'm so sorry!

Anyway, that's enough from me for now, I'll check back in with you soon when I have something fun to share. Have a great weekend! xox

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

on some blogs if you go to the top tool bar and click on the shield it says "Enhanced Protection" if you click that off for that particular blog you can normally leave a comment. (this is by the blog address to the left) Something changed for many blogs and I was having difficulty leaving a comment also to the point on only being able to comment on very few and someone told me to try that and it worked and I could then leave a comment.

Janet said...

Shame on the updates. I really dislike them. They always change things and I NOT a person that likes change.
I can't wait to see the finished tree skirt, it's looking fantastic.
Enjoy your week.

VegasLand said...

Loved your post! Your unique perspective sets your writing apart. Looking forward to more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails