Friday, October 20, 2023

Scrappy Stars blocks finished!

This week when I've had stitching time, I've mainly been hand quilting. But I have managed to get the last two blocks from the Scrappy Stars Stitchalong finished:



These are blocks nineteen and twenty. They're probably the least busy of the blocks, especially the last one. The project has been an exercise in letting go a little for me, as I prefer my scrap quilts to be much more 'controlled scrappy' in nature and all these different prints and patterns as well as wonky orientations have been tough for me to work with. I've done my best, and even though there were some things I just couldn't do, I'll say I'm growing!

The next step is to put the top together with setting squares - the original quilt has a largely solid fabric in a taupe/cheddar tone. I don't have anything like that, so these are the fabrics under consideration for me to use for my setting squares etc:


I'm thinking that if I can't do a solid fabric, I'll do a fabulous pattern instead. What are your thoughts? I'll be interested to hear.

This is where I'm going to leave off tonight, as I'm really itching to get back into some more hand quilting. So I'll wish you all well, and chatter soon! xox

4 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Your final two blocks are perfect! Didn't we have fun with this one?! I love both your choices for setting fabrics and am looking forward to seeing which one you choose.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

old fashioned scrappy from the look - it is going to be a nice one

Janet said...

I would go with the one on the right, smaller not as distracting. Yes, will be interested to see which one you go with.
Blocks are great, can't wait to it assembled.
Enjoy your weekend.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful blocks, well done to get them all finished.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails