Friday, September 23, 2022

Stitching along ...

I have two pictures to share with you this week. It seems like I should have more as I've been super busy, but sometimes lots of tiny stitches don't appear immediately newsworthy.

I've almost finished stitching down the first of the borders on Lily Rosenberry. Honestly, I thought it would take a lot longer, but the borders are so much less busy than the blocks.

All the swags on this border are stitched down, all the vines too. Just two of the flowers and half of the berries to go. So, I have to share - I was considering working on Sue Garman's Grape Quilt next - but I sincerely don't think I have it in me to stitch down a bazillion little circles again in a hurry. A little distance is required, yes? That can be a project for the future :-)

And though I wanted to have the Churn Dash top finished tonight, I stopped stitching about ten minutes ago at 10.00pm without having sewn the rows together. I just ran out of steam!

It's looking cute though, and I'll be able to finish off the top tomorrow. It took me a while to decide on what fabric I wanted to use for the cornerstones, and I'm still not certain that I've chosen the right one, but these will be just fine, and I'm happy to get as far as I did. Apologies for the terrible quality picture, it's late here and the light in my sewing could be a bit better (and if I were a better photographer that would help too!).

Tomorrow I'll finish off quilting a project for a sweet friend of mine, then I'll get all the the churn dash rows together, and once that is all done, I can settle in for some applique. I can't wait! xox

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

personally I would take a break between quilts with a ton of tiny little circles - me I would start and then do only a little bit before I would need to set it aside and take a break and then would I go back to it or not? but that is me

Rose Marie said...

Oh yes, take a break! You have done a gazillion circles and to start another would take the thrill out for me. Still, you have done a beautiful job and will be able to put the top together soon.

Jerrianne said...

I have loved watching you make Lily. You are on the final stretch!

If you make the Grape Quilt, will it be scrappy?

Sue was a personal friend. That's my Grape Quilt on her website. It took me a little over a year to make. It was a labor of love. Sue will be forever in my heart.

Kyle said...

Lily is beautiful. I'm currently in the " do what makes you happy" mode, so if you feel like doing more circles, go for it!

loulee said...

I don't know how you do it, all those tiny little applique pieces, and then to contemplate another quilt, with more... A break sounds like a good idea.
Your churn dash blocks look sweet and I for one like the pop of colour the corner stones provide.

Jeanette said...

I think a break would be a good idea. Love the swags on Lily & the churn dash quilt looks lovely, the cornerstones look good to me.

Janet said...

It still amazes me how fast you stitch down everything. I know I still need to learn Teresa's technique on the glue process so I can stitch faster. One of these days.
I think the gold cornerstones add a "pop".
Enjoy your weekend.

Chookyblue...... said...

much less detail on the border but still lovely.........your doing great with the churn dash blocks.........they do look good......

Nancy said...

Great progress on both quilts, Tazzie! They are such different styles of quilts and yet I love them both. I think the orange cornerstones are such an unexpected color and yet they are just perfect.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Tazzie Bloglovin is belly up I have not been getting notifications I will input your URL Into Feedly and Follow.it Hope it works

Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails