Sunday, September 04, 2022

Catching Up ...

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and condolences on the passing of our sweet Uncle Bob. He was a wonderful man, and his funeral reflected how highly regarded he was by his family and the greater community. Vale to a sweet man.

So now I'll share with you how things have been going here ... I finally managed to pull some fabric to make my last sixteen churn dash blocks for the sew along. 

I'm sure I already told you that I'm using these blocks to make small donation quilts, this one will be good for kids. The Winnie the Pooh fabric was donated by lovely Jean, and I pulled the others from my stash. I'll get busy cutting out the blocks tonight. I can't wait to spend a little quality time with my sewing machine, it feels like it's been ages!

And in other news, I learned early last week that my Phebe Quilt placed first in it's category at the Royal Adelaide Show, and I was thrilled to learn that it was chosen as the Best Quilt in Show! OMG!

A big thank you to my brother for taking some pictures for me yesterday, I'm not able to get there until Friday.


Those of you that are long time readers may be surprised to see Camo all grown up in this picture - it's been a long time since I've shared any photos of him!

Some new ribbons for my pinboard. I'm feeling so chuffed!

We've also been super busy gardening. We had to cut down a huge tree in our front yard as it was starting to lift paving and compromise the retaining walls and front fence. It was a huge job, and a relief to have it done after making the tough decision. And in it's place we've planted a magnolia tree, and a matching one on the other side of the yard. I took a couple of photos and shared them on Facebook so they'll pop up in our memories periodically and we'll be able to see how they've grown.


To be fair, I wasn't really able to do much of the hard work, I only puttered around in the yard weeding and keeping Marty company. But while I was weeding some of the garden beds I found some pretty jonquils flowering and brought them inside. Their perfume was absolutely delightful!

And in Lily Rosenberry news, I'm so very close to finished stitching down the applique pieces on the fifteenth block, so if I'm lucky over the next week I'll also have the final block stitched and I'll be able to start working on the border. I'm pretty excited about it!

Before I close off, I want to say a big thank you for all the lovely comments you've been leaving for me, they're very much appreciated. I always try to reply personally, but I haven't been able to reply to Elsie Montgomery and Gladiquilts as your email addresses didn't come to me. But thank you for your messages, I loved reading them!

So that's all from me, you're all caught up. Hopefully I'll have some exciting things to share with you next week! Chatter soon xoxox

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations again on the quilt you did such a wonderful job on that quilt and I remember following your progress on it. Your son has grown up which of course they do but it seems he was just a small boy in your last photos. It is always kind of sad to take a tree down but sometimes they will just cause too much damage.

Nancy said...

Tazzie, I believe your are a master quilter! Your Phebe Quilt is gorgeous. So much detail in the blocks and in all the borders. Congratulations to you!

loulee said...

Congratulations on your awards. Well deserved.

Frog Quilter said...

Congratulations I’m so proud of you!!!

jude's page said...

Congratulations on another ribbon for your collection, amazing work, I can't imagine doing all that quilting by hand!!!

kiwikid said...

Congratulations on your awards and ribbons, well done, it is a stunning quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails