Friday, July 01, 2022

Blockheads Catch-Up

You've already heard from me this week with my mini quilt for June, and also my Churn Dash blocks for the June part of the sew along, so today will just be a quick catch up on the other bits and pieces I did this past week.

I got myself caught up on the Moda Blockheads blocks, but a new one came out again on Wednesday and I haven't made that yet, so I still have some work to do there!

Block 11 - Block Berry by Jackie MacDonald

I actually redrafted this one a little to eliminate the outer border in the pattern. I'm a stickler for consistency, and if no other blocks have borders, I like to keep it that way. It's a really cute block though, and it would be so nice to make a bunch of them for a summery themed quilt.

Block 13 - Evening Star by Debbie Maddy

This was a super easy block to put together, I always love star blocks, they're so timeless!

Block 14 Alternate - Sharply Dressed

Another cute block - I chose to make this alternate block as I don't necessarily want any applique blocks in my quilt. I don't know how I'm going to set the blocks together yet, so if I change my mind about the applique I can make that block later.


I also bound the Kaffe quilt, and the binding is hand stitched on the reverse side, though I didn't manage to get a picture of it entirely finished just yet. 

Tomorrow night we're having a big dinner party, and I've started getting ready today. This evening I've been baking a lemon meringue pie, and OMG it is looking really delicious so far. Tomorrow I'm making Osso Bucco, Massaman Beef Curry, and there will be Cheese Souffle for starters. I hope I remember to take some pictures to share with you - I do very much love to cook for special occasions, but I seldom remember to take photos.

I'll sign off here so I can get everything on my list done before I head to bed. Thank you for all the messages I received on my last post, I love to read them all. And I hope to catch up on my blog reading on Sunday when things have settled down a little. Chatter soon! xox

5 comments:

loulee said...

Very productive as always. Your strawberry block is lovely.
I enjoy cooing for friends too, I love all the fuss and preparation that goes with it and also forget to take photos.

cityquilter grace said...

hope all went well...i was wowed with the mere mention of your dishes!

Pam said...

I hope that the dinner party was awesome

Janet said...

I thought for sure I commented on this, looks like I didn't.
I find that first block very interesting. Your piecing is perfection and your machine quilting is gorgeous, I love the way you use your imagination.
I home your dinner party went off without a hitch.
Happy stitching.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I do hope you took pics of the dinner party.......food sounds good
the blocks are lovely......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails