Friday, July 08, 2022

Back to the applique!

This week has been heavy on babysitting, which is a delight, but that means light on stitching time. So since I completed my eleventh Lily Rosenberry block last week, I decided to get started on the twelfth.

This was my progress as of two days ago ...

And here's where I'm at today:

I should have time to finish preparing the pieces tomorrow and I can get busy stitching. I'm wondering if it might be faster for me to get all the pieces ready for the remaining blocks first and then tackle the stitching, but after this block there are only four to go and then the border, so it probably doesn't really matter.

My thoughts are that it might be nice to have the top of this project finished by the end of the year. It doesn't seem like a stretch, but when you consider how long it's taken me to get this far, it may not be likely. I just have soooo many quilts I'd like to make ... and there are only so many hours in a day!

Anyway, I'm going to leave off here and try and catch up on some blog reading, and then back into the sewing room for a few minutes before it's bed time! Chatter soon xox

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

this is so much work and having done this kind of applique I know how much prep work is involved too - great progress and I love the background fabric too!

Rose Marie said...

You always do such beautiful applique .... this block is looking wonderful!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a beautiful block. I generally find about 13 quilts I want to start each day and finish less than 5 a year, so I completely understand the mismatch. All your quilts are gorgeous.

Chookyblue...... said...

That's pretty block to applique on.......

loulee said...

All those tiny little pieces.

Fiona said...

Beautiful work.... there is lots to it

Hugz

Nancy said...

Exquisite! The prep work alone for these blocks must take hours and hours. The flower in the center of the second photo is amazing. You are so careful and accurate. Whatever order you choose--prep the rest first, then stitch, or prepare and stitch one at a time--I hope you enjoy the process! Sometimes, for me, I need a break from one process or the other, between preparing and stitching, to maintain enthusiasm and interest.

Janet said...

The blocks are beautiful. I love your fabric choices for the berries. The one with the dots and flower dot at the top draws my eye. Again, gorgeous. Happy stitching.

Kyle said...

Each block is absolutely stunning. The prep work can take as long or longer than doing the applique.

Pam said...

Your applique is stunning as always. Not much stitching here. DH and 2 triplets have covid

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Beautiful! I like to have a couple of blocks ready to start. I have been known to do all blocks for a quilt then applique! I am soooo far behind you on this one! Maybe if the temperatures go down bas 111-115 I just might get some inspiration! So hot and dry! You should be able to finish this quilt sooner than Christmas! Bet you do! Hugs

kiwikid said...

Beautiful block, great background fabric.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails