Friday, June 10, 2022

A Churn Dash start ...

Whew! This has been quite a week! Happily though, I still managed to spend some q-time in the sewing room and checked a couple of things off my list:

I got a start on my Churn Dash blocks for the Sewalong that Chookyblue is hosting:

Though a lot of people are making 9 inch blocks (which is the size I was working on recently) I decided to make mine 7.5 inch finished. I'm going to use the blocks to make up some more donation quilts, and the smaller size will work better with their finished quilt size criteria. 

I found the light background hiding in my fabric closet along with the green, and the centre square as well as the blue dot print were from the fabrics donated by lovely Jean. She is so very generous. I've put three tops together so far, and I've some batting for them now, so hopefully I'll get busy quilting them soon.

Also checked off my list ...

I finished binding the tree skirt with the pretty Edyta Sitar Noel Christmas fabrics, added a button and took some pictures. I was able to update the pattern to reflect the new fabric and update my Etsy listing. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, so it felt so great to have this completed!

And last of all, I made a couple more Moda Blockheads blocks:

Block 10 - Autumnal by Chelsi Stratton

Bonus Block 1 - Roundabout

For Block 10, I changed the stem a little, on the small block it looked a little thick, and I'm pleased I altered it. Next on the list was Block 11, but when I looked at it, I just wasn't ready for such tiny pieces, so I'll tackle it another day when I have more energy ;-) Bonus Block 1 got made instead - the red fabric being a leftover from making the tree skirt recently, and the other three fabrics from my 1.5 inch scrap box. 

I have no clue what this week will bring in the sewing room/ladies lounge, but you can be sure I will never run out of things to do in there! Chatter soon friends! xox

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have been busy - no little applique berries? taking a break :)

loulee said...

Lovely Churndash blocks. It's going to be fun to see so many different versions.
Your blockheads are lovely too.

Chookyblue...... said...

yippee you have made a start on your blocks.......well done.........

Janet said...

Wow you got a lot done. I like the fabrics for the churn dash. It's all beautiful. Enjoy your weekend.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Busy Busy! I am making my Churn Dash blocks at 6” finished. They are fun and will be doing 20 each month. I am caught up with June! Have a wonderful day - a little late in commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails